MATTEI Rotary Vane 8000 Series
These rotary vane compressors with power installed from 132 to 200 kW are designed for industrial use 24 hours a day.
The air is sucked by means of a filter and passes through a modulating proportional valve that regulates the air delivery according to the demand. This valve automatically maintains the working pressure at constant levels. Therefore, the air enters the compression chambers or vanes that the stator, the rotor, the blades and the covers have formed. This rotor is installed eccentrically to the stator and is equipped with longitudinal grooves in which the blades slide. It is the centrifugal force that pushes the blades against the stator's wall. An efficient oil injection system guarantees cooling, lubrication and a perfect holding among the moving parts. An oil film on the stator's inside surface prevents the moving parts from wearing out by avoiding a direct contact with the blades.. Air compression is triggered by the volume reduction of the vanes in the stator during rotation. By passing through mechanical and coalescing separation stages, the mixture of compressed air and oil is purified until the maximum oil carry-over in the air does not exceed 3 ppm (parts per million). Finally, the air is cooled in the radiator and the condensate is eliminated by a condensate drain.
- The electric motor, with a rotational speed of just 1,480 rpm, is directly coupled to the compressor through a flexible coupling. This increases energy saving, as there are no leaks triggered by gears or trapezoidal belts.
OIL/AIR AND AIR/AIR EXCHANGERS
- The 8000 Series' compressors are aluminium-made and can dispose of heat efficiently and lastingly, even at high room temperatures (until 40°C). Outlet compressed air temperature is just 10 K higher than room temperature.
- The efficient oil separating system guarantees an oil carry-over in the compressed air lower than 3 ppm. Even the water vapour content is very low thanks to the excellent cooling that the air/air exchanger matched with the condensate separating and drain system ensures. Two modulating axial fans guarantee cooling.
- Mattei designed the 8000 Series to obtain high performances and excellent reliability, in line with Mattei's long tradition. The outcome is a series for industrial use, able to work 24 hours a day, 12 months a year with constant performances.
SIMPLE AND EASY-TO-USE
- The advanced compressor design recalls Mattei's series production. The mechanical engineering department makes use of the most advanced information systems available in the market (CAD-CAM). Moreover, the access to the compressor's elements is simplified by panels hinged to the frame.
- The design essentially consists of a rotor that eccentrically rotates in a larger diameter stator. The rotor is supported by bushes and not by roller bearings.
- The machine is soundproofed through sound absorption panels placed inside the enclosure.
- A significant amount of the energy used to compress air (approximately 80%) is dissipated as heat. Therefore, recovering this energy means saving energy. Mattei has designed heat recovery kits to heat water for sanitary or process uses. These kits consist of water/oil heat exchangers, a thermostatic valve and a hydraulic system and are integrated in the compressor air cooling system. This enables the installation to control oil temperature autonomously and protect itself from any water flow reduction or in case of overheating.