MATTEI Rotary Vane 2000 Series
These rotary vane compressors with installed power from 30 to 55 kW are available in ERC, sound reducing AC and AC PLUS versions.PLUS version is equipped with refrigerant dryer with ecological gas.
The air is sucked by means of a filter and passes through a modulating proportional valve that regulates the air delivery according to the demand. This valve automatically maintains the working pressure at constant levels. Therefore, the air enters the compression chambers or vanes that the stator, the rotor, the vanes and the covers have formed. This rotor is installed eccentrically to the stator and is equipped with longitudinal grooves in which the blades slide. It is the centrifugal force that pushes the blades against the stator's wall. An efficient oil injection system guarantees a perfect holding among the moving parts, cooling and lubrication. An oil film on the stator's inside surface prevents the moving parts from wearing by avoiding a direct contact with the blades. Air compression is triggered by the volume reduction of the vanes in the stator during rotation. By passing through mechanical and coalescing separation stages, the mixture of compressed air and oil is purified until the maximum oil carry-over in the air does not exceed 3 ppm (parts per million). Finally the air is cooled in the radiator and the condensate is eliminated by a condensate drain.
- The design essentially consists of a rotor with vanes that eccentrically rotates in a larger diameter stator. The rotor is supported by bushes and not by roller bearings.
- These compressors are designed for industrial use and to deliver constant performances 24 hours a day and 12 months a year. Mattei compressors' running often exceeds 100,000 working hours.
- Noise level is extremely reduced, in compliance with current regulations.
MODULATION OPERATING MODE AT CONSTANT PRESSURE
- Thanks to a modulating proportional intake valve that supplies air at constant pressure, these compressors can even work without a receiver. With this regulation air delivery is automatically adapted to the system demand.
ENERGY SAVING AUTOMATIC ON LOAD / OFF LOAD
- This regulation maintains the line pressure within a range of minimum and maximum pressure set by the pressure switch and the compressor may stop and restart according to air demand. When the line pressure reaches the minimum value the compressor will run on load delivering 100% of its capacity. When the pressure reaches the maximum value the compressor will run off load with the immediate closure of the intake valve, which sets off the rapid decompression phase, allowing a significant reduction of the absorbed power consumption. Should the pressure continue to remain high, the compressor will stop.
COMBINED ON/OFF LOAD AND MODULATION REGULATION
- This regulation allows Mattei compressors to modulate within a set pressure range (for example, ± 0.3 bar). Should the air demand decrease, this regulation also allows the compressor to run off load and stop, with evident energy savings.
- The range is equipped with energy saving EFF 1 electric motors. The electric motor is directly coupled to the airend, allowing great advantages in overall efficiency of the compressed air unit, meaning less kW per m³/min.
- The 2000 Series is equipped with an exclusive state-of-the-art computerised controller, Maestro. This system automatically controls, monitors and programmes the unit's operation, and can be connected to a PC for a remote control. If connected to other compressed air packages equipped with Maestro, the unit can become master of a compressed air plant, thus saving on the installation of a superior controller. Maestro can be interfaced via web or cellular technology to provide remote service monitoring.
- Maintenance operations only include changing the oil at predetermined intervals, cleaning or replacing the air filter and cleaning the radiator. The separation filters are substituted every 10,000 working hours, with significant savings.
- Thanks to the thoroughness these compressors were designed with, the energy consumption per m³/min is among the lowest of their category. The regulation system is continuous and automatic with off-load operation and allows a very economic adaptation to the installation demands.
- This is obtained with a flexible coupling between motor and compressor, without any need for belts. It is without gears or roller bearings needing maintenance.
- The exclusive three-stage oil separating system guarantees a maximum oil carry-over in the air lower than 3 ppm. Moreover, the exchangers the 2000 Series is equipped with guarantee compressed air temperatures lower than 7/10 K above room temperature.
- Each compressor is equipped with an air cooler, an electronic condensate separator and drain and a Micromat control system.
HEAT RECOVERY KIT
- Upon request the compressor can be provided with "The heat recovery system". It is integrated in the compressor's cooling system, consists of water-oil plate exchanger, thermostatic valve and connection piping. The water-oil plate exchanger exploits the oil heat to warm up water for industrial and sanitary use.
THE 2000 SERIES RANGE
- ERC: version with air aftercooler, condensate separator, electronic drain, microprocessor control and "Micromat" and synthetic oil filling.
- AC: version with soundproofing canopy, microprocessor control, air aftercooler, synthetic oil filling.
- PLUS version is equipped also with dryer, condensate drain and separator kit.